DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Pulled some CostCo wings out of the freezer yesterday for dinner.  Built a pretty raging fire on one half of the 32 and hit them direct for a couple minutes, then moved them to the cool side and closed the vents a good bit. Brushed with sauce a couple times while on the indirect side, as well as after pulling them off and wrapping in foil for a few minutes. Still floored at how easy cooking on the KK is. These were insanely tasty

IMG_2570.jpeg

IMG_2572.jpeg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, tekobo said:

Iberian pork presa with a simple smoked paprika rub

Never to disappoint Tekebo, it looks nice and tasty. You did it on the 23 I see, which one do you use the most, prefer or gravitate to?

2 hours ago, Bunji said:

Pulled some CostCo wings out of the freezer

Tasty looking too. A lot of realestate for a dozen wings even so with a half basket. Makes you want to go out and get a matching 19 like Mac and Tekebo...just a thought.

3 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Tasty looking too. A lot of realestate for a dozen wings even so with a half basket. Makes you want to go out and get a matching 19 like Mac and Tekebo...just a thought.

Ha! You make a great point Tyrus, in retrospect I probably could have gotten away with a quarter basket for them had I thought of it. A matching 19 would certainly be fun, but I have other bases I would want to cover before doubling up on KK’s. Pizza oven, Konro, griddle, maybe a Santa Maria. With the weather warming up I’m starting to daydream about the outdoor kitchen possibilities

Edited by Bunji
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to agree, if you were to venture into the pastry shop and only choose one selection amongst all the treats you would limit your horizons. Maybe a Santa Maria, a great choice and I think you wouldn't be disappointed. They all come with a price tag though and depending where you are in life decisions follow. Hope yours are easy  

9 hours ago, Bunji said:

Ha! You make a great point Tyrus, in retrospect I probably could have gotten away with a quarter basket for them had I thought of it. A matching 19 would certainly be fun, but I have other bases I would want to cover before doubling up on KK’s. Pizza oven, Konro, griddle, maybe a Santa Maria. With the weather warming up I’m starting to daydream about the outdoor kitchen possibilities

Hey @Bunji I have all of those toys except a dedicated griddle.  I can only blame the fact that I have been on this forum since 2017 and have been unduly influenced by my peers!  If I was ever to be forced to slim down to just two, I would choose the 32 and my pizza oven. I use them the most @Tyrus.  The 23 is great for smaller, quick cooks.  You would think the 16 would be the best for small cooks but it is harder to light with the more limited airflow and proximity to the fire can be a disadvantage for some cooks.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Sounds very similar to Cheerwine BBQ sauce from NC.

Cheerwine Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce Recipe - Perfect for the Grill

which you can buy on Amazon if you can't source the Cheerwine soda (very similar to Dr Pepper).

https://www.amazon.com/Cackalacky®-Cheerwine®-Grilling-Marinade-Barbecue/dp/B07DJNWJM4

"very similar to Dr. Pepper" - them's fighting words to Cheerwine fans!

It's always been a bit too sweet for me, even before I quit soft drinks several years ago. I glass of it would probably melt my teeth now.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:42 AM, tekobo said:

If I was ever to be forced to slim down to just two, I would choose the 32 and my pizza oven. 

I'm assuming this would be a hostage situation. A Liam Neeson Taken type scenario revolving around the cats and Mr Tekobo? 😄

Edited by Braai-Q
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lovely. To celebrate the day, it was lamb chops. To make them "festive," I "colored" them with Moroccan green and red harissa pastes. On the main grate, 325F, apple wood chunks. And springtime means asparagus!

ZombieJesusDayLambChops001.thumb.jpg.24ba4f5dea8de3ceaf9178abd31ebf69.jpg

Plated with roasted potatoes, crusty bread, Greek salad, and a nice merlot.

ZombieJesusDayLambChops003.thumb.jpg.ea28e406a3c3f9e728849e63b5af129e.jpg

• Like 9

Easter, so we had a ham, and that ham needed a fix.  It was a Carando ham nothing special but a good one. It didn't have the baste inside so we mixed up a JDaniels Winter Jack Cider with brown sugar, butter, and dijon mustard. I could put this on my toast, so good. I'm just posting because the color on a already cooked piece reheated was nice, and so it is. The salad was extrodinary with homemade drizzle, Egg plant Parm and asparagus, carrots and tatoes, yah. 

DSCF4030.JPG

DSCF4033.JPG

DSCF4035.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 8