DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Haven’t strayed much from the usual chicken thighs and steak cooks lately, but a friend of mine dropped by yesterday and brought some goodies to grill up. Lamb kofta and a middle eastern sausage which he wasn’t entirely sure the composition of. Grilled and eaten alongside a handful of peppers, some foil pack potatoes, and pita bread with a delicious yogurt sauce he whipped up while I got the coals going

IMG_3006.jpeg

• Like 9

I cooked my first hot smoked salmon earlier this week. A little saltier than I prefer - either too much in the brine or kept in the brine too long. Nothing a little lemon juice doesn't fix.

Pick of whole cooked filet was taken after I dug in - forgot to get a full cooked shot. Nothing fancy - farm raised atlantic skinless filet from Costco, brine of water, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

I've had some bougie snacks the last few days :)

HotSmokedSalmon1a.jpg

HotSmokedSalmon1b.jpg

HotSmokedSalmon1c.jpg

• Like 8

Decide to have burgers for dinner tonight, it's late but I'm starting up the KK anyway. :) 

Made 2oz patties, 2 per bun with cheese in between the two patties.

MeatPatties.thumb.jpg.c30e0de95681206ecea5c970a83bdb1b.jpg

You better have your bun dressed before these patties come off the grill because one needs to get the cheese on one patty and then immediately put the second one on top so that the heat will melt the cheese.

Toppings.jpg

DoubleBurgerwith.thumb.jpg.5c86f439a51ca815e37fff9f0b07e524.jpg

Taste test.

TasteTest.thumb.jpg.322c20786ae8bb9bde3226348540549d.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 11

Father’s Day brisket.

Brisket was a choice brisket but a good looking choice brisket.

Salt and pepper, seasoned night before.
6h at 225 to 160 internal. Wrap in foil and 4.5 hrs more at 225 till point got buttery. Rested for 1 hr then served. No tallow. No fancy holding cooler. Came out pretty good. Maybe I got lucky. I would say not though. It was cooked on my 42” KK.

Served with pomegranate bbq glaze (2 cups Pom brand pomegranate juice, 1 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp black pepper, reduced)

My wife made this avocado and asparagus potato salad that was awesome. Fresh tomatoes and plain ol steamed broccoli.

dd898ed89d28026a3da67153b885f90f.jpg
938b3ce57dc3d3f7091f4c50a8478f7e.jpg
f01ea5138dc1268dfb666cd5b57fa5e9.jpg

• Like 10

Yummy looking food.  All look great but my current trigger is @Troble's lamb.  Would slice it up so that there were nice soft inside bits alongside the crunchy outside bits and I would lay them on top of a beautiful cheesy leopard skin pizza alla @Mcjudsten.  I hate calling out individual cooks as, at a different time of day I would go for brisket in a burger.  And it is only breakfast time.  No wonder I am not getting any thinner!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is one we will remember.  This Wagu Tri-tip melted in our mouthes like a prime fillet, but with a more beefy flavor.  We ate half of it right off the cutting board and it was really hard to stop.

We gave it a quick 15 min dry brine with kosher salt and then rinsed it.  Santa Maria style dry rub.  Smoked (offset w/divider) for about 90 mins w/hickory @250F to 120F internal.  Then rested for 20 mins covered while we brought the pit up to 450F with the dome rack upside down on top of the coals Reverse seared 2 mins on each side to 130F.  We cheated the skinny tip over to the cold side to keep it from over cooking.  Another 10 min covered rest and wow...

tri-tip1.jpg

tri-tip2.jpg

tri-tip3.jpg

• Like 8

A friend brought me a big beautiful venison steak so I seasoned it last night and let it sit in the fridge overnight wrapped in butcher paper. I decided to reverse sear just as I would a beef steak but pulled it at a lower temp as it tends to carry over a little more. So I pulled it off at 106 and it carried over to 115, exactly where I wanted it. I let it rest for 20 minutes and got the KK ready to sear. More than happy with the end result, so moist and tender.

IMG_9558.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

IMG_9561.jpeg

IMG_9560.jpeg

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 6