DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Who doesn't like a pickle or some veggies done up in a jar as a pickled salad. It's summer and as an alternative for an extra side these always work. Make it yourself 50/50 white vinegar to distilled water, salt, sugar and all the spices, coriander, pepper corns, mustard seed, tumeric, celery seed cummin seed, dill, or whatever growing in herb garden, throw it in but ease your way into this..all things don't pair well with each other. Salt is generally 1 tspn to 2 or 3 for sugar depending upon how sweet you prefer. Good for around 30 days and 3-4 to mature , a week is better.

DSCF4107.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 5

Here's a cut of beef you generally don't see and in fact I haven't seen here either, unless I missed it. It's what the butcher said was a beef shoulder tenderloin and was cooked indirectly then seared. I must say he was correct, it was tender and he further stated it's best when cooked to a med-rare. Along side were sugared chick peas in cinnamon, apple, carrots, dried cranberry, cracked nutmeg, squeezed lemon with a dash of salt. Orzo with Greek dressing with feta, red pepper and a wee bit of onion and more black olive. I split half a stuffed scallop shell having the seafood works along side fresh garden string beans and just salt/pepper on the beef. This cut would be excellent over a rice pilaf with some sprouts.

DSCF4111.JPG

DSCF4116.JPG

DSCF4115.JPG

DSCF4117.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 10

I didnt notice those when i was there yesterday, I was looking for a brisket and all the ones in the case were past their sell by date. I'm sure they were fine but I got a chicken there last week that was less than fine, i had to return it, smelled like a skunk 🦨

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, C6Bill said:

I didnt notice those when i was there yesterday,

It's to the right of the glass showcase C6Bill, always check the dates, unfortunately with some cuts people are unfamiliar with they malinger and sit. I'm surprised with all the traffic inside but you have to realize it's kinda a higher end market, it is what it is. It's worth trying Toney, I remember on your post for the Denver steak 2 years ago, cuts are defined so I wish you well finding one, I know you'll be looking out.

Speaking of brisket, I'll post more pics tomorrow , i just put these in and am letting Fireboard run with them until done, i will jump in and wrap them when they get to 170. The one on the left was 21 pounds before trimming, the one on the right was 14.

RenderedImage.jpeg

• Like 5

My local QFC grocery store carries Snake River Farms beef. I've learned to shop the must sell section because they put SNF stuff in there on a major discount. Picked up some waygu tri-tip steaks for dirt cheap. Did a dry brine in the fridge for a few hrs, sprinkled with garlic granules. Reverse sear on the KK at about 250, then opened it up for a sear. Threw the brussel sprouts on for a bit while doing the reverse sear.

Holy cow these were some amazing steaks. Fantastic marbling.

c8cbac681d4e157b39de08ed9b0becc6.jpg
c55b7652cce725457b7f41bb85fa51e3.jpg
38315e7c004ccaf2abe8ba8319342de0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9